The SMARTFLOW® SWAP® Valves are simple, manually selectable devices that supply cooling water to the mold during processing or air to purge the water from the mold before a mold change.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Molded Body with cxternal glass-filled nylon plates and Brass Body options available, both providing improved corrosion resistance
- Center disc is stainless steel for durability and thermal stability
- Threaded connections are supported with stainless steel inserts to maintain proper thread geometry
- 1-inch Model only available with Molded Body style
- 1-inch and 2-inch available with Brass Body style
- Available with or without postivie locking pin for two-hand operation and to prevent accidental valve handle movement
- Available with or without check valve
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 250° F (121° C), Maximum Pressure: 150 psi (10.3 bar)
- Optional dielectric fitting helps reduce galvanic corrosion caused by dissimilar metals*
- Optional TACO® 4900 Air Separator is recommended for use in closed loop water systems**
* Optional dielectric fittings are strongly recommended for use with the SWAP Valve when copper or brass piping is present in the water circulating lines.
** If temperature control units are not used, an air separator may be installed at the highest point in the return cooling water loop to remove air from the system. The TACO 4900 series air separators are designed for the complete elimination of air from closed loop water circulating systems.